Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycling Bath Water for Garden

cp
Just Starting Out

Recycling Bath Water for Garden

With level 2 water restrictions kicking in, we have been teaching the kids about water recycling and are looking for ideas on pumping water from the bathtub to the garden (we have had them bailing it out into buckets but are finding they are getting bored with that and looking at a faster option) - has anyone done this and does anyone have any suggestions on what has worked for them? Our bathroom is on the second floor so unfortunately pumping directly into the garden isn't an option...

woodenwookie
Making a Splash

Re: Recycling Bath Water for Garden

Assuming you own your home I would reroute the plumbing outside by sending the pipe through the wall then using a downpipe go into a large water tank. That way it will fill up when the plug is pulled and the water could then just be used from the tank with a hose.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cp,

Good for you trying to do your best to save water - and teach your kids some valuable lessons along the way! I'm sure other community members will be happy to share advice. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@cp 

We've used these in the past to divert greywater onto a trickle house in the garden. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/deebee-grey-water-reclaimer_p3119141

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects