Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden beds

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Raised garden beds

RaisedGardenBeds.jpg

Been very dry this year, but the Vegie patch is doing well.

I chose the Microshade Sleepers from Bunnings, look great and perfect for Garden\Kids play area's etc :smile: Termite resistant also

Made 2 straight up to get things going, based on a Hugelkulture principle, will be making 2 more shortly, Vegies are going well.

It startsIt startshere we gohere we gosetting in placesetting in place3.jpgHere we goHere we goLove itLove it

Re: Raised garden beds

@Aussie-Garden 
no shading on the side at all ever, just the top, I am currently training star jasmin up the back side of it and over the top, natural cover :wink:

Nice! 👍

Thanks mate.

Hi @TheSaltyreefer what is the twist in using the treated pine? 

Frngapsnni72
Just Starting Out

This looks great! Looks fairly simple to construct. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. 👏😊🙋

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop @Frngapsnni72. I'm sure @TheSaltyreefer appreciates the positive feedback on this popular project. There's certainly been loads of interest in raised garden beds right across the site at the moment. Let us know if you need a hand with anything. 

Welcome to the community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

moved onto another little project, changing over an old goat paddock into a productive vegie plot, lots of work to be done

Hi @TheSaltyreefer,

That sounds like an interesting project! Thanks for showing us what you've been up to!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mark
Finding My Feet

@TheSaltyreefer 

Hi There,

Just wondering what wood/treatment those sleepers and uprights are?

Can't find "Microshade sleepers" on the bunnings website.

They look great btw, simple and effective.

Cheers

@Mark 

Description

• Plantation timber
  • Micropro Treated H4 in ground use
  • Termite resistant

Australian grown Pine Microshade Sleeper sourced from managed forest plantations. Used in landscaping and retaining wall applications - Termite resistant treatment suitable for use in vegetable beds and Children’s play areas.

H4 Microshades Sleeper 200 x 50mm - 2.4m | Bunnings Warehouse

yana
Getting Established

Hi, What’s kind of post are you using? Can you please give me a link to order? 

Thank 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects