Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden bed made from treated pine

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

Raised garden bed made from treated pine

73FB1B3F-E3CB-4CAE-AEC3-A04E644924CE.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Raised garden bed made from treated pine

Great work @WoodenGregsWood. Many thanks for sharing. 

Could you please tell us a bit about how you put this together for Workshop community members who would like to build something similar?

You might also be interested in these creations from other Workshop members:

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ben
Making a Splash

Very cool @WoodenGregsWood!  Per @Jason's note I would love to hear any detail on building as this looks exactly like what I need to start my own small garden bed to grow a few select veggies or herbs etc.

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

Made from treated pine and lined with weed mat the raised garden bed has been a real winner.

Used to grow veggies it is at an easy to work with height and big enough to grow a few different things.

It measures 1 metre x 700mm and is about 300 deep.

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

@WoodenGregsWood 

Great job, could you tell me where you sourced your treated pine? The size and shape of what you have used is certainly not familiar to me.

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

Hi @Bundaboy,

i sourced the treated pine from Bunnings.

cheers

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

@WoodenGregsWood

Thanks, but I know my "local" Bunnings inside out and they have nothing remotely like that, but I do realise that Bunnings vary their stock from region to region and state to state (although I don't understand why because it is really annoying and we do have some form of a freight system, I can, for instance, buy bananas from a fruit shop even though they aren't a local crop).

May I ask your general location?

ness
Just Starting Out

This is exactly what I've been looking for 😍 can you please put a video together explaining how. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ness,

Welcome to Workshop, an online community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. 

I'm sure @WoodenGregsWood would be more than happy to assist you with replicating his wonderful raised bed, although creating a video might be a little too much to ask. Perhaps he might be able to share a plan or sketch instead?

Please let us know if you have any specific how-to questions. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LN
Finding My Feet

Hi there! Just wondering if the treatment used on the pine affects the plants? I made one years ago and I was told by a garden expert the treatment may have affected the soul and killed the plants. Also, I’d like to try make  a new rustic type one out of wooden pallets. (Not the blue painted ones). What’s any opinions on using pallets as I don’t want to kill the plants again!! Thanks in advance. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects