Workshop
Ask a question

Raised garden beds

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Raised garden beds

RaisedGardenBeds.jpg

Been very dry this year, but the Vegie patch is doing well.

I chose the Microshade Sleepers from Bunnings, look great and perfect for Garden\Kids play area's etc :smile: Termite resistant also

Made 2 straight up to get things going, based on a Hugelkulture principle, will be making 2 more shortly, Vegies are going well.

It startsIt startshere we gohere we gosetting in placesetting in place3.jpgHere we goHere we goLove itLove it

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Raised Garden Beds

Fantastic work @TheSaltyreefer. Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will inspire many Workshop members as raised garden beds are always popular. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Please feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share. And do let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
greygardener
Becoming a Leader

@TheSaltyreefer

Have you got a photograph from a wider angle so we can see the top? 

I will get some taken for you mate

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

@greygardener
Photos added :smile:

@TheSaltyreefer Are they native bee houses at the front?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Oopsee
Getting Established

@TheSaltyreefer 

Hey, are the beds just full of mushroom compost or a mixture? BTW, they look great. Do you have an automatic watering system for them?

@MitchellM 

sorry mate never saw the post about the native Bee's and yes there are, we have 4 lots now :smile:

@Oopsee 

Hey mate, 

They are a hugelkulture principal so heaps of tree litter, branches etc, then topped with fresh goat poo and chicken poo and then the mushroom compost, works a treat :smile:

All automatic watering, the entire 32 fruit tree's on our property are on Auto water system :smile: and the 4 paddocks

Thx for the info. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects