Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Would you consider installing artificial grass in your garden?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Would you consider installing artificial grass in your garden?

Artificial grass has improved dramatically in recent years to provide an attractive and realistic option for many gardens.

It can provide a green lawn all-year round with little maintenance required. 

But some people still find the prospect of synthetic turf unappealing. 

Our latest Workshop polls asks community members whether you would consider installing artificial grass in your garden.

Please add your vote to the poll on the front page. You can also expand on your vote by replying to the discussion below.

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

Re: Poll: Would you consider installing artificial grass in your garden?

I live in an apartment building and my synthetic grass is perfect for my balcony where real grass wont grow! It looks good, feels good on my feet and is easy to maintain.
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

When installed well these days it can be hard to tell the difference between real turf and synthetic. I do find it hot to walk on in summer though - certainly a consideration for those with children and pets. 

Yes I would consider installing artificial grass. Great for kids to play on, an no mowing, only concern is how it holds up to the naughty dog who likes to dig.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workshop's latest poll has confirmed that artificial grass is growing in popularity. 

Two out of every three community members who responded to our poll indicated they would consider installing synthetic turf in their garden.

The results of the poll are below.

GrassPoll.png

Many thanks to all those who voted in the poll. Feel free to keep the conversation going by replying below.

Jason

Annette
Making a Splash

Yes, we are currently considering placing a small amount of artificial grass as a walkway through a rockery we plan to build in an odd shaped area. If it works, great if it doesn't, we will replace with gravel or mulch. Watch this space.............

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good luck with the project @Annette. Please do share some pictures when you can.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects