Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Picket fence posts

MrsBoyfriend
Just Starting Out

Picket fence posts

2F42E1BF-B47B-4CDE-8AF6-FAA2534303B5_1_105_c.jpeg

We are planning on building a picket fence to replace our old cyclone wire one. We are wanting to do a 1m high fence with 900mm pickets. I've read that should mean that we need 1500mm posts. Is that right? Will there be enough post underground from stopping it from tipping over? Any advice on picket fence building would be greatly appreciated!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Picket fence posts

Hi @MrsBoyfriend,

Sounds like a great project. We are looking forward to seeing it come to completion. 

I would recommend you have a good look at the Bunnings D.I.Y. Advice series on How to build a picket fence.

You are right that the posts are the most crucial part of your project so I've embedded the video below about How to install posts for a picket fence. I trust you will find it useful. 

If you have any questions after going through the videos and step-by-step instructions, please come back to us and I'm sure our experienced and knowledgeable members will be more than happy to help.

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects