Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New watering system help

Casey
Just Starting Out

New watering system help

Looking at installing a new irrigation system to cover 2 small garden beds and a small patch of lawn. Going to use our water tanks, and trying to figure out what size pump I would need? Would it be possible to run 2 pipes off the 1 tank to water at different times - i.e 1 for the garden bed drippers & the other for a 3-4 popups for the lawn? Any recommended Automatic Timers that would best suit this need?

Also, a neighbor gave me all of their left over pollypipe and I was hoping to use some of that and my existing pollypipe for the garden. Would there be any issue using a 13mm pipe to run from the tank to the garden, then in the garden use a 19mm pipe in the beds to connect up for the drippers? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New watering system help

Hi @Casey

A very warm welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining us and joining in the discussion. We trust you will get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your home improvement projects from our members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.   

I will now hand over to members to assist with your new watering system. I'd also encourage you to check out the four-part series on installing an irrigation system from Bunnings, and these previous discussions might also contain some helpful tips:

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Casey, Can i request for some pictures please. If you line up your hoses and drippers and the other parts that you have we can then have a look at what we can assemble. Most drippers are usually gravity based if comming from a large water tank and dont need pumps unless going uphill. You will need a good timer though so that it only waters when the plants need it most. I usually go for an analog mechanical timer rather than a digital one so you dont have to replace batteries. Oh and if you can include a picture or drawing of the layout I'm sure the workshop community will be able to give you sound advice.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Casey,

Just wondering if you have made any progress with your watering system project? It would be great if you could provide the detail that @redracer01 asked for so members can assist further. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects