Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New ideas wanted for Summer DIY projects

Oldfart
Having an Impact

New ideas wanted for Summer DIY projects

Hi everyone,

I've been doing the DIY workshops at a large Bunnings complex for several years now and am looking for some new ideas for the "Project Advice" part of the day.

This session lasts for about 40 minutes, so I need some ideas for fast easy to do projects to show and involve my enthusiastic,  budding DIY customers. It's OK if the project needs to be split over two or three days.

I'm open to all ideas and look forward  to your suggestions. 

Thanks.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: New ideas wanted for Summer DIY projects

Not so fast @Oldfart, what's in it for us? :wink:

No idea. It depends on the suggestion. It could be a wan smile, a gratuitous thank you, an agonising groan or an ekiss on the cheek.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Oldfart, do you want me to name my price, or are you gonna take all the credit for initiating DIY naked selfie sessions?

Who is naked? Certainly not me. I'm not called Oldfart for nothing.
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

I've been wanting to do a DIY mailbox for a while now. Most of the "off-the-shelf" letterboxes are pretty dull. Could you do that in a class @Oldfart?

try me

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Hell no @Oldfart, I never intended that you'd have to go the Full Monty, I thought you'd know better.

I truly believe that young women need to experience all the pleasures of life, before they throw themselves at us trophy husbands. :cool:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Sorry @Oldfart, I reread the thread title & it dawned on me that you were after New Ideas, so can't help you there.

Would Home Beautiful, &/or Women's Weeklies do? My wife cancelled her New Idea subscription. :hysterical: ...... :embarassed:

GarryL
Getting Established

Fold open wooden chairs, or even better a banana chair made from pine, it is easy to get plans for that and is a low experience project (cutshop can cut everything to size ) . Small round cafe table for out near the pool or shaded areaagain a basic project (drill and jigsaw, and smoothing of with sand paper).

For the shed a rack to hang garden tools on using a lenght of 45x90mm pine about 1.5 m long and a length of 20 mm dowel cut to 150 mm long then simple space them apart to fit the rake or shovel handles in to  but you have to drill at a small angle to make the supports point up alittle (tools needed a drill a 20mm splade bit and some wood glue) , get a bit of rope and loop it to go over the trimmer head, hangs it up nicely and off the floor. DIY must be simple , cheap and pratical ond not an all day job or else they will never be done.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects