Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New garden area

damien3170
Finding My Feet

New garden area

I have a California Bungalow with an old backyard that's seen better days, and want to landscape. I'm thinking about digging it all up and putting in a new lawn, raised garden beds with native plants around the edges, and some paving down the sides and around the front of the house.

I don't know where to start and would appreicate some advice on how to plan.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New garden area

Welcome to Workshop @damien3170. It's great to have you join the community.

This sounds like a fantastic project. I'm sure community members will have some suggestions for you. Californian Bungalows are wonderful.

Do you have any photos or an old plan of your block? Perhaps the floorplan sketch from the real estate agent brochure when you bought the property?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Will post some pics shortly.

Like a renovation of your house, you will get a better result if you come up with a detailled plan at the start and ensure everything ties in together. You don't have to implement everything straightaway, but having a plan can ensure you tackle the task in the right order and you don't lose any plants or have to redo work. If you could give us some photos or a sketch of your block that would be helpful. 

timjeffries
Making a Splash

Definitely come up with a plan first. You'll save time and money. :smile: Look forward to seeing a bit of a layout of what is there already and the dimensions.

Hi @damien3170

How are the plans for your new garden coming along? Are you going to be working on it over Easter? I'm sure the community would still love to see some photos - it would help in providing suggestions.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects