Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Native bee hives

kagey
Finding My Feet

Native bee hives

images.jfifI am a backyard gardener of absolutely no repute! I garden for boredom relief and the ability to snack on fresh produce.

Many media releases keep reminding us of the slow demise of the environment and I would like to do my bit by providing habitats for beneficial insects. I have read articles on building native bee hives and " homes " for wasps and other " good bug friends " so if anyone out there has some good ideas they woild be greatly appreciated, keeping in mind that my building skills are on a par with my gardening skills.

Thank you

Ken

Re: Native bee hives

I have 4 Native Stingless hives on our Property, minimal fuss, fun little insects

@TheSaltyreefer Where did you get the colony from? I've heard of a few local councils doing kits, but last time I checked the Queen was a little bit expensive, perhaps $350.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hey MAte

I was lucky enough to aquire the initial colony off a friend that was moving and didnt want it any more, and split from there :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects