Workshop
Ask a question

Mobile vegie garden

Glenc
Building a Reputation

Mobile vegie garden

original.jpg

I built this garden on wheels for my mother in law for Mother's Day out of pallet wood, I even included a worm farm in the middle. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mobile veg garden.

Fantastic! Many thanks for sharing @Glenc. I'm sure this will inspire other community members. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community. It looks like you have a lot of skills, ideas and experience to share. I hope you will also find plenty of useful information, inspiration and advice here.

Looking forward to seeing more of your projects soon.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Good one @Glenc. Is that shade cloth used to keep the soil in? And you've just made some holes for the plants?

Glenc
Building a Reputation

I used weed mat material that keeps the soil in place while still allowing it to breathe and not get waterlogged. 

Excellent use of recycling. Deb just saw this and guess what? I have to build a couple.

Cheers
Daryl
Glenc
Building a Reputation

The worm farm in the middle is a 150mm pvc pipe with lots and lots of small holes drilled in it. Put a cap on top and it's done. The worm farm fertilizes while disposing of your vegetable waste. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very clever @Glenc. Thanks again for sharing. 

Jason

Marzmaldonado
Growing in Experience

Looks awesome! Excellent job 👍🏽

Have you build one yet @darylhewston?

Hope all is well.

Jason

Recycled Pallets have been used 100 to 1000 times often to carry toxic chemicals. NEVER USE THEM IN GARDENS OR AS FIRE WOOD I know people that have been hospitalised from this ...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects