Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

John1

John1
Experienced Contributor

John1

I have started a collection of Ryobi One cordless tools. Was really worried when Bunnings removed the 4ah batteries as I had brought a mower that took 2 x 4ah batteries about 18 months prior to this and both my batteries and mower worked great as i use the mower for my large nature strip only as i have no other lawns. Yes I freaked. The first sales person was useless I thorght took my name and phone number. Aweek later no phone call. Raced down to Bunnings [Victoria Point] and was ready for blood. Got the sales man who sold me the mower. Hesaid to relax the footprint [where the batteries fit will always be the same. I was also concered that the new 5ah batteries where so expensive and felt that Bunnings where taking advantage of all of us Ryobi One fans by removing a just affordable battery with a new battery that was very expensive especialy when I need two batteries for my mower and being a pensioner felt traped. The salesman showed me that if I brought Two batteries it would only cost me $178's Great Ok. Releived I left the stor and as I go their on average of twice a week kept an eye on the batteries and was shoked when the price of two batteries $178's per 2pk everyday price had been removed and a ticketed everyday price of $199. $20's differance. Was the $178's just a way of Bunning testing the market by entering at the lower price and gradually upping the price to catch the unsuspecting  happy customer. How sad.  

Customer Service Bunnings
Customer Service

Re: John1

John,

Many thanks for your feedback. Our team is always working to ensure that we have the widest range at warehouse prices. A member of the customer service team will be in touch to discuss your experience. Thanks again.

Wayne
Super Contributor

That is roughly a 10% adjustment and quite possibly could have been an introductory supplier discount, I am far more concerned going into Woolworths and discovering price fluctuations of 60 to 70% on small dollar grocery items, a jar of Jam $3.00 one day $4.99 the next!
Wood Working with Wayne
John1
Experienced Contributor

Sorry Wayne but I must have missed the point unless you are working for bunnings or have a vested interrest in trying to make a simple statement that Bunnings have jacked the price the everyday price [so I was told by the salesman at the time]. I do not understand what this has to do with grocery prices. They do not jack up the prices on all brands of that same jam. You can buy other brands cheaper or by that brand elsewhere. I brought my mower, wippersnipper, torch, cordless vac, right angled drill, drill driver , blower worshop light, and multitool all Ryobi One and I do not have the privilage of buying another brand or going to another strore that sells Ryobi One 18vlt. tools as only Bunnings have that brand and I do not have the money like you obviously do to stop buying Ryobi One tools and buy Markita or someother brand that does have other stores that sell these brands. As I have invested in Ryobi and find that their tools suit me just fine but as a PENSIONER it was a choice I did not make lightly as I plan on having the full set oneday. And that was $20 dollars towards another tool for my modest collection. 

Wayne
Super Contributor

Point taken John! I do not work for or have any other affiliation with Bunnings apart from being a customer, however, I spent 25+ years of my working life in retail as a salesman, manager and buyer. So I do feel I have some knowledge on the subject.
You are correct it has nothing to do with grocery prices but it does have all to do with marketing and I was just using Jam and Grocery pricing as an analogy. I am sorry if my reasoning (which was just a possibility) has upset you, that was never my intention but prices do go up and they sometimes go down both at Retail and Wholesale levels. Irrespective of whether the Ryobi brand is exclusive to Bunnings or not (and I don't believe they have always been exclusive) Ryobi manufacture quality tools for the world market. I am also a pensioner and I buy my tools as I need them and try and choose the best deal I can find at the time, regardless of brand. The rechargeable Ryobi One Brad Gun has been on my list for a long time but until I can afford it I will continue to use my cheap air brad nailer.
Anyway John as I said my comments were not intended to upset you, Happy Workshopping.
Wood Working with Wayne
John1
Experienced Contributor

Thanks Wayne as I have said I am a big fan of Ryobi One.  

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects