Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Irrigation system pressure reducer

julianl
Just Starting Out

Irrigation system pressure reducer

Hi can anyone help? My pressure reducer has relief outlet which lets a lot of water out. When I turn down tap volume to remove this unwanted flow I get almost nothing coming out of the drippers in the garden! What am I doing wrong??? many thanks for any comments! Julian

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: irrigation system pressure reducer

Hi @julianl,

That doesn't sound right! Hopefully our clever and knowledgeable members will be able to give you a hand. Do you know what product(s) you installed and are you confident it was correctly installed? Perhaps a picture might help users diagnose your problem.

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects around the house and garden from our amazing community members. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something new to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
citerzen
Finding My Feet

Re: Irrigation system pressure reducer

most probly what as happened is that your valve has reached its operating presse and has opened up to relase the water

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects