Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop Dogs pooping on artificial turf?

Kim
Having an Impact

How to stop Dogs pooping on artificial turf?

I'm sure somebody on Workshop has a proven solution to this!?

We have a nice patch of artificial turf in the backyard that the trampoline sits on, and the kids play on.  We don't have a natural lawn at all, so this is it.  On a side note, we really miss grass - our house will definitely have a big, generous lawn.

I've bought an additional, smaller, temporary patch of artificial turf and put it around the back - this one is designed for the dog!

However the dog's favourite place to poop is on the grass around the trampoline.  It drives me crazy!!  

I'd be grateful for any tips that will deter the dog from pooping on this patch of turf!

IMG_3384.JPG

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to stop Dogs pooping on artificial turf?

My own dog's behaviour suggests I'm also not brilliant at dog training, but I wonder whether you've trained your dog to go on the turf and he doesn't see the difference now between his patch and the trampoline turf. Is there somewhere else you could always take him to poo to train him to do it there - like some real grass or dirt, the nature strip, a low garden bed or something?  

Good luck! It mustn't be fun clean the turf all the time. 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to stop Dogs pooping on artificial turf?

Any luck training the dog to go elsewhere @Kim?

I was reminded of this post when I saw this....

deodoriser.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects