Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Holman BTX1 watering controller review

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Holman BTX1 watering controller review

57a9d11c-73e4-4c22-b3e5-39f696d74e9c.jpg

Bought this great little controller for our vegie patch, programs are awesome and it works a treat.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Holman BTX1

@TheSaltyreefer So that was the BTX1 , how would you say the App compares to traditional programming on an inbuilt screen? Classically even at the best of times, I have found units hard to programme, did the App make this more user friendly?

Could anyone use this App, with a general knowledge of phones? It looks relatively simple from pics.

app.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi Mate

@MitchellM

The App and unit is so simple to use its not funny. the unit hooks up to the tap in a matter of seconds, download the App 2 minutes

turn on bluetooth find unit, add unit, set times, needed so so soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy a 1 yr old child could master it within minutes :smile:

set and forget 

@TheSaltyreefer Sounds like the bee knees! I have a (for my standard) very expensive Valencia orange I purchased a couple of months ago. Depending on my works hours I can be out all day, I'm worried during summer it may get scorched in the midday heat if not watered. I think I may splash out on one of these if they are so simple. Cheers mate!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@MitchellM
thats my plan also, I have a run of fruit tree's and have to water them daily its hot as where I am past Gympie, so for the tree's I can set it and forget it and have them watered up to 3 times a day no issues at all.
I am very pleasantly surprised with just how good it is
take care

I have installed a three zone low pressure irrigation system - one for veg, one for fruit trees and and one for pots. Each zone has about 20-30 variable full circle drippers on spikes. The water comes from a tap connected to a tank via 19mm poly under lawn and a 30mm conduit beneath a concrete patio. I prefer to install the timer inline to each of the zones to mitigate risk and avoid running two or three extra runs of pipe back to the tap and digging up the lawn. THis Holman unit looks like it may be the go as I am happy to manually schedule watering duration and frequency for each zone. Has anyone compared the Holman unit with the Orbit BHyve or experience with the Orbit device?
Beetle75
Just Starting Out

Re: Holman BTX1 watering controller review

I will be returning the btx1 today. Every time you try to conect to it i have to hard reset it and it wont stay conected longanuff to program and carnt even use the manual function. Big thumbs down from me

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that the product didn't meet your expectations @Beetle75. Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I can ask one of the Bunnings team to get in touch.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Thanks for joining in the discussion.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@TheSaltyreefer 

Great video !!!! Love your Edible patch 😊

ishcar
Getting Established

Does this unit also report how much water is/has been used?

Is it compatible with automation software like Home Assistant?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects