Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Highlights from the Flower & Garden Show

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Highlights from the Flower & Garden Show

AHW22186 - Version 2.jpg

Hi team,

Every year I'm lucky enough to visit the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show for work. This year I decided to shoot a bit of video of some of the display gardens.

For those not familiar with these shows & gardens these landscapes are built in just a week & are only in-place for 5-days before they are broken down again.

Amazing skill not to mention logistics! Here are just four of the 20+ gardens on display.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Melb. Flower & Garden Show display gardens

Brilliant, many thanks for sharing @Adam_W.

What do you think were some of the main trends this year?

And what garden was your favourite? I love the Finding Your Balance garden you've shown. Interesting that two out of the four have Japanese influences. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

No worries @Jason

Overarching trend I was reading was one that was a bit hard to define. I felt that it was about creating spaces that allowed retreat & sanctuary, spaces where you could ground yourself, unwind & recharge. Therapeutic I guess.

My fave was the first one in the video ‘Harmony’. Multiple reasons.

I really liked the combination of materials & plant use, loved the ‘naturalistic’ style, I thought it was very well executed especially considering the size of some of the dimension stone, created a great chill-out zone and… it made great use of space – it was actually doable in a small garden.

Yes, the Asian influences were through a lot of designs, sometimes subtle sometimes totally full-on. I think this is partially the Zen type of relaxation thing which keys in to my thoughts on the main ‘trend’.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you take some photos at the show as well as video @Adam_W? If so, it would be great to see some of your shots.

Jason

Sure did @Jason although not as many as usual as I was focussing (pardon the pun...) on video.

AHW22173.jpgAHW22186 - Version 2.jpgAHW22189.jpgAHW22192.jpgAHW22201.jpgAHW22209.jpgAHW22214.jpgAHW22219.jpgAHW22222.jpgAHW22227.jpgAHW22230.jpgAHW22240.jpgAHW22243.jpgAHW22280.jpgAHW22323.jpgAHW22343.jpgAHW22350.jpgAHW22463.jpgAHW22467.jpgAHW22471.jpgAHW22472.jpgAHW22487.jpgAHW22488.jpgAHW22493 - Version 2.jpgAHW22502.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

They are fantastic. Many thanks for sharing @Adam_W. I'm sure our members will get lots of inspiration for their own backyard projects from your video and photos. 

Have you got any projects at home that you're working on?

Jason

No worries @Jason always happy to share!
Hopefully later this week I'll be putting in a new garden which is kind of exciting as our place is pretty much 1.3 acres of lawn & I've not done much in the way of garden things since we moved in.
The biggie is finally getting started on our extensions & renovations so will be asking for lots of advice from the Workshop crew then!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects