Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden update June

Grub80
Making a Splash

Garden update June

My latest video of the garden. Hope you like it.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Garden update June

Wow Leanne (@Grub80). Congratulations! Your garden looks amazing and your lawn and winter vegies are growing so well. If I remember correctly you are based on Adelaide, right? Have you had a reasonable amount of rain lately?

What are some of your top tips for growing vegetables in winter? I'm sure members will also be keen to know why you have chosen to grow your potatoes in pots and why you choose to grow lots of marigolds. 

For those that haven't yet had the chance to watch the video, Leanne is growing potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbages, peas, beans, onions, garlic, parsnips and carrots. 

Thanks again for sharing @Grub80,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Garden update June

Hi Jason, thanks for your comments. Finally Adelaide has had some rain, the break of season was late this year. Very mild autumn. I only recorded 8ml rain in March, and only 3ml rain in April. Thank goodness for the first decent rain on 1st May (18ml).

ive grown potatoes in pots this season, as I grew them llast year in the ground and found, harvesting the potatoes was difficult for me. I also tried to grown plants in the area I planted, and they failed. So this year I have implemented crop rotation methods this year. 

Companion plants are nature’s jam, I love doing this in the vegetable patch. Marigolds are great companion plants for veggies.

hope your home is well and your garden too thrives 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects