Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden boxes

Johnmagolf
Just Starting Out

Garden boxes

Have a raised garden set-up from Bunnings. Planted some flowers, but they only survived for a short time. Seems fine roots from a very large gumtree have completely choked them to death. How can I stop this from occurring?        Jogn

Maree1
Cultivating a Following

Re: Garden boxes

Have you considered moving the raised beds away from the gum tee? and siting them in a more suitable spot? You didnt post a photo so Im only assuming you set it up to close to your gumtree.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Hi @Johnmagolf 

Some photos of your set-up would really help. Do you know what the flowers were? Were they perennials?

A large gum tree might cause issues with shade as well as the roots...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Johnmagolf,

Welcome to Workshop. It was great to see you got a couple of responses to your question during my absence from the community. Are you able to share some photos as suggested?

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. I'm happy to help. And as you've seen, we have loads of community members who are always happy to assist with your gardening and home improvement questions. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects