Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden Tools Transport Trolley

placidarc
Just Starting Out

Garden Tools Transport Trolley

Hi.

My wife wants me to construct a trolley for all her gardening tools. This is so she can take all her tools with her when gardening so she doesn't have to keep going back to the shed. Has anyone built one or can suugest how to go about it.

Thanks.

Mike

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Garden Tools Transport Trolley

Mike,

Do you mean big tools like shovels and rakes or little hand tools like secateurs and weeding forks?

Would this work? https://www.bunnings.com.au/sherlock-steel-mesh-cart_p2970647

HI.MartyH.
I'm talking about large garden tools, rake spade hoe etc. I can always add a small box for hand tools.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@placidarc, if you have a hand trolley (sack truck), lash the tools to it with bungee cords.

To stop the tools from falling through the open aluminium platform of the trolleys listed below, cut PVC tubes to length for the handles to slip into, & cap them on one end.

150mm PVC tubing

End caps

If you don't have a sack truck, one of these may be handy, & they both fold up when they're not needed:

We have this Folding trolley (we love it), but this Larger wheeled Trolley, would be better in boggy soil.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

storease

Hooks and rail for big and small items.

I have a plastic tray cart with the tray tipable, either option looks fine as a base to work from.

Frame you could look at timber, it could range from a farmers type fix to fine furniture depending on your tools available and your skill level, steel tubing using joining plates if you don't want to weld and aliminimum tube with push in connectors.

I would center the load as the cart has a low center of gravity and the top can get a rough ride from it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects