Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Drip irrigation

brkylnm94
Just Starting Out

Drip irrigation

Do's and don’ts for drip irrigation

completely new to it so any tips and tricks would be appreciated 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Drip irrigation

Hi @brkylnm94,

Welcome to Workshop. We trust that you'll receive loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing community members. 

I would recommend you start by taking a look at the D.I.Y. Advice series from Bunnings on how to install a new garden irrigation system.  I will also pop a couple of videos below. 

Have a good look and then come back to the community with your specific questions. Installing a system is not difficult - I'm sure you will be up and running in no time with a bit of help from our members. 

There's also some helpful advice in these previous discussions:

Watering system for my backyard by @DryGarden 

Garden irrigation system by @GardenerJohn 

Watering system by @Brian 

Holman BTX1 watering system review by @TheSaltyreefer 

DIY irrigation system by @lushgardener 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TempestSkye7
Having an Impact

Re: Drip irrigation

If I could go back to when I first started installing my own irrigation, I would give myself the advice that not every single plant needs a dripper directly aimed at its base. A number of times I've gone back and taken out extra drippers or tricklers because I had way to many for a small (often part-shade) space. I've shaken my head at my past self's decisions, but when you don't know any better, you can get carried away. Go with the minimum you think you need, and see how it goes on that. Adding more later is generally easier than removing them and having to use plugs to fill the holes. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects