Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Building a new raised garden bed for tropical plants

interested77
Just Starting Out

Building a new raised garden bed for tropical plants

I am about to build a raised garden bed for tropical plants. The bed will be 8m long x 2m wide x .65m high. I’m making the front visible wall out of beset block. I want to make the sides and the back wall as cheaply and quickly as possible, I’m thinkjng of using star pickets and marine ply. Has anybody done this? If so would I need to worry about drainage or will it be fine? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Building a new raised garden bed for tropical plants

Hi @interested77,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased you could join us and hope you get lots of useful advice for this project as well as many others in future.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post from the gallery to the gardening board so it will be more visible to other members and more likely to get some helpful responses. Please feel free to hit the Start a discussion button whenever you need a hand on a project.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Hi @interested77,

This should help you - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/garden/planting-and-growing/how-to-build-a-raised-garden-bed-...

The instructions include how to prevent the soil and water from leeching out of your garden bed. 

Let us know how you go. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @interested77,

Just wondering how your raised garden bed project is going? Let us know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects