Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

new build

Brendan
Just Starting Out

new build

Howdy all, i have never built anything major before and have set out to build a 2.3 x 3.2 x 3.0 m shed.  Doing everything out of recycled building materials I need to construct a hip roof do I build this similar to the walls with noggins 450 centers, sark it then attatch galv sheeting on top.  Any help would be great

Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: new build

Hey @Brendan,

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects from our amazing members. 

Your shed project sounds like a good one and we look forward to seeing it come together. Do you have a sketch or plans of what you are planning to build? It might help Workshop members provide more specific advice. I'll also tag @Brad who is always helpful when it comes to these kind of topics. 

Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with something around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: new build

I am more used to gable and portal frame roofs, I did find this though...

Not sure I would describe it as simple, to me a gable roof is a better option than a hip as there is less complicated fitting of the roof sheeting, just need to cut the infill for the gable ends.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects