Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Worksop Absence

Wayne
Super Contributor

Worksop Absence

Just a note to say I should be back posting a bit more in 2018 with a renewed inspiration. A lot of changes in my life late in 2017 including getting back into the work force albeit just a couple days a week and also becoming a Grandfather for the first time with a beautiful grand daughter.
I scored a job selling machines and tools at Adelaide's only dedicated woodworking retail store and I am loving it, although after 3 years in retirement it has been a struggle regaining work fitness and the rigours of being on my feet all day. The biggest drawback is being surrounded by wonderful woodworking machines and not having the resources to purchase them.
Cheers to everyone, I hope the start of your year has been as good as mine.

Wood Working with Wayne
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Workshop Absence

Many thanks for the update @Wayne. Looking forward to seeing what projects you've been tackling lately. I hope you can share some pictures with us. Your work has always been popular with Workshop members and I'm sure has inspired many to pick up the tools. And a big congrats on the new job and becoming a grandfather - that's wonderful news. 

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Brad
Valued Contributor

I might just see you there one day Wayne.
Brad
Valued Contributor

Did my bit today I now have a box joint router jig.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects