Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Who ya gonna call for help?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Who ya gonna call for help?

I spent much of the weekend with a paintbrush and roller in hand. I'm pretty happy with the end results, although it didn't all go to plan. I made a bit of a mess of a storage room door that had already been pre-primed and had to sand it back and start again. 

Today I'm keen to hear who you typically call first when something goes wrong during your D.I.Y. or gardening projects. 

Let us know who you call and why in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Who ya gonna call for help?

I'm expecting a lot of the answers in here to be the same as mine.

Dad is my go-to.

My husband "Dan!.....Can you come and have a look at this please?"
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I wish I could call my father but he is absolutely hopeless at all things practical. I am envious of people like @ProjectPete who have learned a lot from their old man. 

I learnt a lot from my dad, about gardening, organising, fixing tools etc. Minor jobs like painting, making bookcases, beds, doorless wardrobes, I cant remember [ maybe just smart or logical] but if I ran into trouble then, I had a great hardware store that would cut you timber precisly and give tips etc, deliver and they were often a godsend.

Now , Dad has gone and I am going to have to ask the lovely people here... as I have bitten off more than I can chew..... I now measure twice and cut once... though I believe if it is an established house you better measure 5 times all the way to the top or could get caught like it once did.

So now I rely on Renovation sites and forums, as no one I know is the slightest bit interested in renovations etc or gardening [in my town] so I rely on uTube or the forums.... Now to go and ask my questions before I go competely nutz...
JP_Finlay
Having an Impact

The Internet because it knows EVERYTHING!!

Yeah, I reckon Dr Google is now more reliable than Dad!

Workshop of course :wink: But yes, my old man is my go-to
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

My ex (husband for 35 yrs) was my go-to. Lately it's been son-in law but he's soooo far away. How lucky I now have Workshop!!! Happy meeee !
lleonyta
Growing in Experience

Bunnings website also has a lot of DIY videos. It surprises me even when I type 'How to something' in Google, sometimes it gives me top result from Bunnings DIY article pages.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects