Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the first tool you ever bought?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What was the first tool you ever bought?

Here on Workshop we want to create an inclusive, welcoming community where anyone feels like they can seek help, including absolute beginners. After all, everyone has to start from somewhere. 

Today I thought it would be fun to take you back to when your D.I.Y. or gardening journey was just beginning.

What was the first tool you ever bought or were given?

Jason

Man-With-Tools1.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Rhys
Cultivating a Following

Re: What was the first tool you ever bought?

the first tools i bought would have to be, my estwing hammer, metabo drills and angle grinder, and my leatherman wave

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Another one for you @Mick0s.

It's incredible.

Mick0s
Having an Impact

@Kermit, I can't remember if I posted this one here or not, but something like this will be my next arcade project (just need a bigger house first!).

vasazydy

And whoa, its been a long time since I posted here, I need to get off my butt!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Ha @Mick0s - I posted that same pic on @Wayne's wine barrel discussion here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Wine-Barrels/m-p/11656#M1597

Please don't wait for a bigger house. And tell us if you take commissions because I don't think I'll ever start my tabletop arcade project...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I thought it was time to revive this discussion.

What was the first tool you remember buying? And are you still using it?

Jason

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Sorry Jason, I can't remember that far back..LOL!!

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

My DIY journey started a few years back when my husband taught me how to use a drill so that I could hang pictures etc up myself ☺️ Ever since then I’ve been hooked on making things as I could do it myself now. The drill he had was just a cheapy with a cord, so for his birthday I bought myself, I mean him 😉, a Ryobi battery powered drill and it’s the best! 👌🏻

I think the first handtool(s) I bought myself would be a Craftright kit if various basic tools. This is the one in fact: https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-75-piece-carry-case-tool-kit_p6111032

Still using it, albeit I have had to replace a few of the screwdriver bits by now. The rest is doing fine. 

My first power tool was a Ryobi 18V One+ Drill Driver. It was actually bundled with a impact wrench and a Ryobi ToolBlox 2-drawer storage unit. Man, I wish I could get my hands on those ToolBlox again! Loved them. Just couldn't afford to buy more at the time and then they discontinued them. 😞

My first garden tool...I think it was a decent quality hand trowel. Either that or it was a long-handled 3-prong cultivator. 

Looking forward to seeing some of the projects you've built with your tools @TempestSkye7

Give me a shout if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We're really pleased to have you onboard. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects