Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Thoughts on Ozito tools?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Ozito tools?

Hi being a total newbie I  like the price of this brand. I made my own mistake last week assuming my battery of my old ozito drill would fit my recip saw. It didn't. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That's a shame @countryshay19! Pretty sure Ryobi are the only brand to have never changed their battery terminal.

Makita, for example, made a slight change. New batteries are backward compatible but old batteries aren't forward compatible.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
Highlighted
Junior Contributor

I find Ozito good enough for small jobs here and there. Their price range is suitable for many people but I find that it is probably better to go the Ryobi range as they do have a better quality to them and are a little more long lasting. Ryobi are a lower middle range brand but are more than capable of getting all jobs done. Currently most of my tools are Ryobi but I aim to upgrade them to dewalt or makita as they run towards the end of their lifespans.

Highlighted
Junior Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to advise after using different brands from Bunnings on which I would recommend for types of work required.

Gardening tools:
- Stick with Petrol :smile: or go with the 36v or 18v Ryobi... I own a chainsaw, hedger, edge cutter, snipper, blower (all Ryobi 18V) and never skipped a beat.
- I have noticed I have paid more for the Ryobi tools, however I have had them for over 2 years and never had an issue at all (you get what you pay for)

Power tools:
- As a handyman, I use Milwaukee tool, however I do own literally all the Ryobi 18V tools as well, and use them all heavily, I was given a free Ozito power tool kit, and it lasted about 6 months of using it everyday.

My theory is:
if you going to use it every single day, go for AEG, Makita or Ryobi, however if you going to use it for small DYI here and there, then Ozito will do just fine.

enjoy all :smile:
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @MikeM84. Great to see you make your first Workshop post. Looking forward to seeing loads more as it sounds like you have heaps of knowledge and experience that you can share with the community. Hopefully you can also share your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Junior Contributor

From my own experience, which differs from others mentioned here, Ozito just doesn't exist. I had 2 of them catch fire in my hands in one month, so fear is the reason for my negative bias. I recommend not going below Ryobi for general handyman level work. The advantages have already been listed by Noah.
Highlighted
New Contributor

hi mate.

I use OZITO tools all the time and for the price you pay for them i think they are very good value.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining in the conversation and sharing your experiences @David64. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. What kinds of projects have you been working on recently? 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the community. We've got a great bunch of people here sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day, so we're sure you will fit right in. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Established Contributor

I love and only buy cheap tools, Ozito included  - and never had a problem. Seriously. 😁

Here's three I don't seem to be able to kill.

The small 5" angle grinder is an Aldi Taurus purchased 10 years ago. When it does die, there will be funeral and I will sob.

The big 9" angle grinder is from Repco and was purchased 20 years ago. I think it was called MVP? The logo rubbed off and the rat tail rubber cord cover perished so I replaced it with a small length of operating theatre suction tubing. The great thing about both grinders is they have variable speed control.

The drill is from 1998. From Go-Lo, a brand called Haydon. Still going strong......

The working familyThe working family

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects