Workshop
Ask a question

New studio shed project

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

New studio shed project

6x9 Studio is on the way, electrical work nearly done all power lines laid, Air Con lines in, will start to box it out soon, amd then sheet it, going with ply as there will be alot of pegboard and shelves etc in there when we finish,

getting excited

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg 

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

@Seaton yeah MDF has its place but not in the shed walls etc, ply was a winner from the start and looks great when painted up :smile:

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

@TheSaltyreefer Firstly: wowser mate...I wish I had the spare room and your budget for my studio build! LOL! Some equisite woodworking and general handyman work done mate, congrats.
My question/query is a little more towards your fiance's intended use of the shed?? My apologies as I do not mean to be nosey! If you wish to keep the finished use personal then by all means say so and my apologies! However...this result came up in a 'Google Search' and that is how I made it here... 
As I mentioned I am currently engaged in a studio build (musical instrument studio) and after reading your thread I am intrigued as to the end usage...:think:...I figure I have nothing to lose with a quick query anyway.
Again; no offence intended by the specificity of the question :smile:
Peace

Did you need council building permits to do this to your shed

@Former Workshop member 

Interesting question and no apology needed for asking, my fiance is a very talented young woman, she has just been flown down to Melbourne for Business, I will disclose alittle information and some pictures very soon :smile: 
Right now its moving in time, and getting everything ready :smile:

@Butch 

not at all mate :smile: 

@Former Workshop member 

In relation to what my Fiance does, she is a Self Employed freelance artist, special effects and a few other things. Currently in Melbourne working on a project for a feature film. 

phillipine_eagle_mask_by_nazegoreng_dd8fmcu-pre.jpglifesize_crash_bandicoot_replica_by_nazegoreng_dd34cs9-350t.jpg 

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

@TheSaltyreefer Awesome...what a fascinating hobby/job! After reading 'studio' I will admit that I spotted the the plywood boxing and the R2.5 Earthwool; but due to some comments and construction methods I realised it was not going to be a 'musical studio' (or at least not strictly so as in my case). After that I guess my interest was just piqued!
That is definintely one HELLUVA nicely sized and well renovated studio for whatever kind of artistry or special effect oriented work she decides to do or gets invovled with! I also have to add that being part of the way through my build I cannot help but be envious of the superior wood working and genereal handyman skills on show :hysterical:
Well...I am a better musician than a general tradie (sheesh I hope so anyway:bigsmile:). 

Good luck as you seem to be finishing up and I'll definitely keep an eye on the finished product!
Cheers mate

Josh

mate i used to play the guitatr but never did any good, my daughter plays it and 4 other instruments and does it really well, im just used to living heavy stuff lol

more pics to come as we play some more, moving in a few tables today, over the next month, will plumb the water up and get the air con in before summer, :smile:

hope your enjoying your build

Pulling in a couple of large tables we bought recently from Auction, these will be used for some of the larger machines :smile:

Re: Studio Shed coming along

I was just wondering what plywood you used please?

My partner and I are about to convert a shed into a temporary house and are unsure what plywood we should use.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects