Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Studio, bungalow, granny flat or something else?

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Studio, bungalow, granny flat or something else?

For all those that have a seperate dwelling in the backyard, what do you call it?

Studio, bungalow, granny flat, games room, pool room, pool house, cabana, man cave, she shed, cabin, back flat, cottage, guest house or something else?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Studio, bungalow, granny flat or something else?

@Kermit,  "THE KENNEL".

It was originally intended for our 4 legged male boys, but massive extensions are on the drawing board. I'd like to think that the boys will make me welcome.

The ANDY MANN CAVE sprung to mind, but that wouldn't be right, so I'll respect the heritage. And, the boys are adamant that the NO ROOM FOR BITCHES sign stays. :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think people tend to name the structure based on its purpose. So in our case we're calling it a games room as it will primary be a place for the kids to hang out and play. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Not a fan of granny flat. I prefer studio for a working space and bungalow for a relaxation space. 

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

straight-to-the-pool-room.gif

AHoy
Having an Impact

It would be great to have a cabana or cabin - it would feel like you were on holidays all the time.

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@Kermit

I would have to say 'dog box' as that is where I'll be if anything bad happens.  That or the old chook shed.......

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects