Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small shed makeover

damo_
Cultivating a Following

Small shed makeover

I have a very small space for my shed - it's 1.1m X 3.6m (so more or of a glorified cupboard) that I was keen to make the most of so generally vertical is the way to go - I don't have a before shot but I couldn't walk from end to end - but here is what did in the space:

• Gave it a coat of some left over interior paint
  • Installed the laminate floor (not first choice for a workshop but the space is a bit tight to use for actually working so it was a way to give the space a bit more of a sense of completeness) - I went for the Terrene Oak Bevelled Edge Laminate Flooring - 2 packs was the perfect amount (This needs underlay) installed the quad and transitions to neaten the finish and protect a bit from future damage.  This flooring is easy to install but I get the sense it's easy to chip or damage so probably would recommend for a high traffic / duty area   
  • Installed pegboard I used 2 X Masonite 1220 x 915mm 4.8mm - mounted on the stud wall with the help of some left over pickets from a picket fence.
  • I purchased a few different types of hooks because I wasn't sure what would work best - I fount the black Pinnacle ones worked the best for my purposes - fitted snuggly in the holes and have cap on the end (important as I'm likely to bang into them getting something off the shelfs) 
  • I modded some of the shelving by cutting in some round holes for my drills to sit neatly and circular saw to sit flush with the blade attached
  • I organized all my screw and nails with the help of the two Tactix storage containers - one single sided one double sided for the smaller bits and bobs.  these containers are AMAZING - I will be getting a couple more to help organize all my IT work space too (I've included a pic to give a sense of how much can be stored in these)

I'm still looking to organize some of my larger garden tools - but it's tricky to do without being able to browse in store - I think I'll end up mounting something on the wall to let them hang

20200924_102651.jpgPeg boardPeg board20200924_102720.jpg20200924_102744.jpg20200924_103030.jpg20200923_162443.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Small shed makeover

Great work @damo_ and many thanks for sharing. Getting organised is always such a satisfying project! But is certainly challenging when space is at a premium. I trust your handiwork will inspire others.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
damo_
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Jason! - it started by not being able to find a pair of pliers  and wanting to practice some skills to do some bigger projects... 

PS I never found the pliers LOL

unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

That's so clever, and looks great, very inspiring

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects