Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Send your best wishes to Wayne

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Send your best wishes to Wayne

Workshop member @Wayne, who the community will know from his many fantastic woodworking projects and inspiring member profile, is off to hospital today for a knee replacement.

I'm sure all members of the Workshop community will join me in wishing Wayne all the very best for a speedy recovery and smooth rehabilitation process. Looking forward to seeing you on your feet and back on the tools very soon Wayne.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Send your best wishes to Wayne

Good luck, @Wayne. Here's hoping that you have a super quick recovery!

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

I hope all goes well @Wayne, that you have a smooth recovery, & you're back on your feet again soon mate. Big man hug from me.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Good luck @Wayne hope your back on the tools soon.

Annette
Making a Splash

Wishing @Wayne all the very best for a speedy recovery. I haven't had a knee replacement but I did have an operation on my cruciate ligament many moons ago when I injured my knee playing netball (no more netball :wink: ) so I do have an insight into what it's like to recover from a knee operation. Having had other health issues over the last 4 years I have found that gardening can be a valuable part of the healing process and I am sure that it is the same for woodworking. I am sure that it won't be long before Wayne is back at his workbench, perhaps making a set of crutches? :think:

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Knee surgery 7nov16.jpg
Sorry for the gory image, this was Monday afternoon after the surgery (7/11/2016)
I came home on Friday 11th November and now on the path to recovery - Ice packs for 20 minutes every 2 hours, an exercise regime 4 times per day, and lots of heavy duty Oxycodin pain killers. The redness is just a Betadene type antisceptic wash that they applied before surgery, Black arrow in texta so they operated on the correct knee and drain tube for excessive bleeding.
It isn't as drastic as I thought it would be but very traumatic all the same.

Wood Working with Wayne
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Woah @Wayne, I should've read the text before looking at the photo, I freaked out when I saw the lower leg redness. :shocked:

Look after yourself & do what you're told. :wink:

And another manhug from me.

All the very best Wayne .. wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Hope it doesn't hurt too much .. just keep with the heat/ice packs .. and let yourself be "spoilt".
I should never be amazed in this life .. but your the 3rd person in as many days who I have heard of having knee surgery.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the update @Wayne. Glad to see that the operation went smoothly. I'm sure you'll be back on the tools in no time.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I hope you are recovering well @Wayne now that you are out of hospital.

When you get back on your feet here are a couple of simple projects for you to knock up in a weekend or two :wink:

Jeep.jpg  Timber Car.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects