Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Send your best wishes to Wayne

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Send your best wishes to Wayne

Workshop member @Wayne, who the community will know from his many fantastic woodworking projects and inspiring member profile, is off to hospital today for a knee replacement.

I'm sure all members of the Workshop community will join me in wishing Wayne all the very best for a speedy recovery and smooth rehabilitation process. Looking forward to seeing you on your feet and back on the tools very soon Wayne.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Re: Send your best wishes to Wayne

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am currently at the 6 week mark of my recovery and everything is going very well, the surgeon says I will probably still endure another 6 weeks of pain and swelling. I am walking around the home unaided now but take a walking stick for reassurance if I venture out anywhere.
@Annette, I have seen that Jeep a number of times on social media, it truly is a remarkable achievement.

Thanks again
Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is the recovery going @Wayne? Hope things are still progressing well and you've been able to start doing more of the things you love.

Jason

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

It has been a little over 3 months now since the Knee Replacement, the knee is less painful and I am able to get around unaided extremely well now, albeit still in short bursts. During the recovery I have had a wake up call of my health in general, I have lost about 10 Kilograms in weight merely by reducing my food serves and more sensible eating, I am now in greater control of my Type 2 Diabetes and getting the lowest Blood/Glucose readings since being diagnosed several years ago and have undertaken regular hydrotherapy walking in a pool doing about 40 laps of 25m several times a week.
So all in all things are on the up and up and I have now also joined a Mens Shed where I have access to a range of woodworking machinery that you could only dream of owning.
Upcoming projects include a 1/20th scale model Truck/Semi Trailer (which I will build at the Mens Shed) and a Dart board cabinet featuring a Sons of Anarchy carving on the door for a friend and also various CNC signs and carvings.
Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Wayne. Glad to hear that your recovery is progressing well. Looking forward to seeing what you have built in the shed. Please share some photos soon.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Wayne,

Just wanted to say that the Workshop community is thinking of you. We understand you've had a lot of health challenges in the past year or so, and are sorry to hear that the doctor's still haven't got to the bottom of it. 

Wishing you all the best for a speedy return to full health and a return to the tools.

Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects