Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: What's your D.I.Y. skill level?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: What's your D.I.Y. skill level?

I invite all Workshop members to participate in our latest poll.

The poll question is: What's your D.I.Y. skill level?

The poll can be found on the front page underneath the Join the discussion icons. 

Feel free to chat about the topic in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Poll: What's your D.I.Y. skill level?

I consider myself fairly handy, but there are times when nothing goes right. I'm a glutton for punishment, so never give up until I get it right.

I don't work a full day, but recently I took 2 days to fit a new toilet seat, & most of a morning fitting a showerhead. : (

It's not all doom & gloom, I have great days where I surprise myself at how well a jobs gone. When Tania is surprised that it's finished already, I tell her "it doesn't take me long to do a 5 minute job", or "ah, it's noth'n, it was a shiela job". : P

John1
Having an Impact

Have just taken the poll and find that I am one of the 80%. That is great as I always start at least three different jobs at once so I have the money and ability to finish at least one and the others get finished later. Not a great way of doing things but they still all get done it's just a case of when. 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Not sure where I fit, Welder by trade also been a fitter and turner by invitation. Now I do hold a trade account and am mostly an Aquaculturalist and possibly Cabinetmaker in the future.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

You sound like an expert to me @Brad!

I've got no doubt where I'm at with my (lack of) skills.

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Great to see so many Workshop members rate themselves experts. We're in good hands when seeking advice!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workshop members have a wide range of D.I.Y. skills according to our latest poll.

27 per cent of the community rated their skills as beginner level, while 13 per cent considered themselves experts. The majority of Workshop members - 60 per cent - rated their D.I.Y. skills as intermediate. 

Thanks to all members who participated in the poll. 

Jason

DIYskillPoll.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As it's been a year since we ran this poll and we've had many more members join, we decided to run it again over the past week. The results suggest we still have a healthy mix of community members with a wide range of D.I.Y. skills. 

Thanks again to everyone who participated by adding their vote. 

Jason

DIYskill.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's been a while since we last ran this poll.

For all those newer members out there, let us know how you rate your D.I.Y. skill level. 

Do you rate yourself a beginner, intermediate, or expert?

Let us know by replying below.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects