Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

PRACTA base cabinet

Peter7
Just Starting Out

PRACTA base cabinet

I am assembling a PRACTA 1000mm base cabinet, the sections of which are joined together by cams and pins. I have connected all panels except the last side panel which has 14 pins. The pins line up with the holes but won't go in far enough to lock with the cams. Any help would be appreciated. As a last resort I might remove the pins and screw the panel to the rest of the cabinet. Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: PRACTA base cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Peter7. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If the pins all line up correctly, then is there something obstructing them from inserting? Perhaps check to see if all the holes have been drilled out correctly. Some pictures of the unit might also assist members. If you could take an image of the last side panel in position and at the point where the pins stop inserting it might give us an idea of what's going on.

Perhaps remove half of the pins or even one at a time and try again. Through a process of elimination, you could find the offending pin/s that are causing the issue. Alternatively, you could return it to the store you purchased from and get them to have a look at it. If it was not a simple fix I trust they would swap it over for you.

Let me mention @prettyliving to see if she had any issues assembling her Marquee/Practa base cabinets.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: PRACTA base cabinet

@Peter7 I’ve put a few of these together before and actually did another one today for a laundry reno and never had any issues with it. It sounds like the predrilled holes on the side have been done too low maybe? Do you have a pic of it? 
You might have to take it back and get a replacement. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects