Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New studio shed project

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

New studio shed project

6x9 Studio is on the way, electrical work nearly done all power lines laid, Air Con lines in, will start to box it out soon, amd then sheet it, going with ply as there will be alot of pegboard and shelves etc in there when we finish,

getting excited

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg 

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

The profile name is one of my other Hobbies, used to run 160 aquariums, we have slowed down to the following

5x2x2   Oranda Goldfish tank

4x3x2  Reef Tank

6x3x2  Freshwater Stingray Tank

8x3x15'  Moray Eel Tank

Re: Studio Shed coming along

@breepbreep 

Hi there

ply was 12mm and 7mm

:smile:

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

Sorry @TheSaltyreefer mate...nothing to add/query that is important...I just started laughing when you mentioned that the tables 'were bulletproof' :hysterical:

I've seen/built a heap of sheds in my time on this planet...and honestly not many of them would hold up against me dropping a soft 'shoulder charge' into them :wink:

I don't know about bullets; but the good money would be on your shed if I tried to drop a shoulder into that :hysterical: the shed looks great though mate, definitely coming along nicely :smile:

Also good on your daughter...I remember you mentioned she could hold a tune on five (?) different instruments? Good on her :smile: she definitely has a fantastic practice area if she can kick mum out!

Peace mate

Josh

Hi @breepbreep,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased to have you join us. Are you converting the shed for accommodation while you rebuild or renovate your house? We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
breepbreep
Getting Established

Thanks.

We are moving into the shed on a property to save on rent and buy the property. 

I will start a little thread once we start moving along. We are just clearing out the shed at the moment.

:smile:

Congratulations @breepbreep. What an exciting time for you.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the property and reading more about your plans.

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Apologies to @TheSaltyreefer as this is 'off topic'!

However that would be quite an interesting read @breepbreep ; look forward to it :smile:

Peace

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Jason
 I have it on good authority that DIYers don't read Blogs and Posts on Building sites :wink: ...they read

BIM Details, Data and use Real Tools

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

@BIM_Engineer wrote:

@Jason
 I have it on good authority that DIYers don't read Blogs and Posts on Building sites :wink: ...they read

BIM Details, Data and use Real Tools

G'day @BIM_Engineer mate,

I mean no offence at all so please don't take it that way; however I was kind of scratching my head as to why you noted this here? I can't see where @Jason or anyone else prompted that post...?

Anyway I am also very interested in any updates @TheSaltyreefer has on his build as I am getting photos together to document my music studio build...and depending on community interest I can offer my assistance in regards to sound proofing as I have done A LOT of research on the topic and it doesn't seem to have been covered on this forum. HINT: there has been some awesome research done by the Canadians of all people...no joke!

Perhaps it could help some. I cannot use my qualifications and experience to help anyone here due to liability issues; so I figure perhaps I could offer some knowledge that I have gained due to personal circumstance that may be useful to others :smile:

With that said I fully understand that rather than grasp a few simple basics of acoustics so people can adapt that basic knowledge to solve their soundproofing issue; people mostly just want to ask a question and get an answer. That is impossible in this and many other fields; yet remains a ubiquitous expectation :puzzled:

Regardless I will put a 'discussion' down with some photo's and some notes and if there is interest then I can go into more depth. The best thing I will make sure I do is fearlessly expose a number of retailers/contractors that are either providing 'snake oil and magic beans'; or are providing viable solutions but with a price tag that is robbery. Green Glue and Autex respectively may bow.

Cheers

The Captain

@Former Workshop member 

its the internet :wink: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects