Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New studio shed project

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

New studio shed project

6x9 Studio is on the way, electrical work nearly done all power lines laid, Air Con lines in, will start to box it out soon, amd then sheet it, going with ply as there will be alot of pegboard and shelves etc in there when we finish,

getting excited

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg 

Re: Studio Shed coming along

I will update my Blog on Saturday, some exciting stuff has been happening, all moving along swimmingly, just in the process of hnaging the 2 large mirror doors on a runner, and then I will put up the large pegboard display panels x 3 I bought for a pressie, have the Swann going in soon, and I will probably end up putting a electric winch onto the roof just in case she needs to lift something heavy.Air con will be sorted out in the next couple of months and just weather proofing the access door

Apart from that the Studio is rocking and rolling

Serious case of Workshop envy going on here 😍

Well done mate, serious dedication and great work. 

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **

Must be time for an update @TheSaltyreefer! Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to in the studio in recent months.

Hope all is well. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

@TheSaltyreefer 

Hey mate, 
How did you prep the Ply for painting? I was thinking i'm going to need to give it a rough sand after patching up.

@breepbreep   make sure the smooth face is facing you, a light sand and away you go, we found we needed to do a few light patches with filler over the knots etc, good primer and your top coat

Hi, I absolutely love your shed makeover. I have a 6x9 shed also I would love to makeover for my son to build and store his Lego in and I want to still put the car in the shed. I would like to know if you don’t mind answering how much did this cost you for the electrical, insulation, ply & epoxy? As I have a budget but not sure the cost of any of this. I love the finish of your room and the floor. Also you spoke of air conditioning, as our shed gets very hot all year round what did you install and is it enough for the size of the shed. I am in SA and have no idea about fitting out the walls as I will have to hire someone to help me. Do you or any of the people who may have read about your project have any suggestions about anyone who could help with my project? I hope you are able to answer my questions. Thanks for your post they have inspired me a lot.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @khann06,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. Fantastic to see you have been inspired. Let me tag @TheSaltyreefer so he is alerted to your questions. Hopefully he can get back to you as soon as possible.

Welcome to the community. We're really looking forward to seeing how you can follow @TheSaltyreefer's lead and transform your shed. Perhaps you might like to hit the Start a discussion button and share some "before" photos and document your project progress along the way. I'm sure other members would love to see your work, and be able to offer some support and advice along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@TheSaltyreefer 

What is used here for lining? Is it also the insulation or is that between the living and the colorbond? is the lining screwed through the colorbond from the outside.

@khann06 

cant give u an accurate cost my mate is a sparky and most of the products I get at discount etc so I never bother on money

We installed a 7.1kw air con and its freezing after a few minutes and retains the chill for quite awhile

Any Builder, carpenter will be able to assist you, 

@evjay 

lining is Ply, the insulation is between

everything was boxed, ply attached from the inside

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects