Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New portable handy workbench

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

New portable handy workbench

If you've read my member profile you'd know I haven't had a proper workshop/workbench since movign into my place a bit over a year ago. My backyard is dedicated to entertaining and my more than 6.6m garage with added storage space is currently exactly that - a storage space...the whole thing...our two cars are parked in the driveway...still... Anyway, I digress.

I've been "setting up shop" wherever it suits at the time and with whatever I have available to me such as tables, benchs, chairs, and offcuts of wood to get the right height/level. It's been interesting and at times frustrating.

So on the weekend I bumped into this little beauty and picked up a great deal to make things a little easier between now and my workshop being sorted out.

From built in power supply and working light, to storage and quick grip brackets it fits basically any mountable power tool (that's one of my drop saws (not included) and it just bolts on) and a vice grip plus rollers. AND it folds up and wheels away. Stoked!

workbench1.jpgworkbench2.jpg 

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: New portable handy workbench

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it Pete.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete

That is a BRILLIANT find.

I like that it has a built in power board, light, extension rollers for long plank work, legs are adjustable, the vice, large wheels & is foldable.

I was stoked with my Makita Mitre Saw Stand WST05, but your set up blows it away. Well done mate. : )

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@ProjectPete

I knew it......  I just bought a new makita sliding compound mitre saw and stand and somehow I knew that someone would tell me they bought a better stand, and at a fraction of the cost.  I can't believe it is only $87.60.  I might just go and buy one for..... I dunno, something else.

Great buy.

Pete, you're a friggin' genius! That sale at Masters must have been shut down the day after you got it! At the moment they're selling them for $175 - double the price you paid. Well done sir!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete

About the @Henno post, if Workshoppers find a bargain, could they please put up a link to the sale item?

I'm not targetting you Pete, but in this instance, I had no idea of what brand or model it was until I enlarged the pic, where you got it from, or what you paid for it.

I mention it, because others could've jumped on it too if they were in the market for one.

@Andy_Mann Yeah fair call mate, I'll make sure I do it next time.

maybe there's an opportunity for a new label...'Deals and bargains' or something like that
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete

Fantastic, I like your idea of the "Deals & Bargains", it'd be neat if that could be set up. : )

Thanks for your feedback. Our team is constantly working to monitor competitors to ensure that we have the widest range at low prices every day. If you do happen to find a lower price on a stocked item, we will be happy to beat it by 10%. The price guarantee applies to any stocked item found in a store or on an online retailer in Australia. It applies where the other store’s final price, inclusive of delivery, taxes, fees and charges, is lower than our price.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Bunnings

The Bunnings inventory is massive, but there are times when something I need isn't stocked, so I'm forced to go elsewhere.

The big downer with that, is that the staff (I'm look'n at you Masters) are nowhere near as welcoming, cheeful, or knowledgeable as the Bunnings team. So it's an absolute last ditched call to stray elswhere. ; )

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects