Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New garden shed

Malcolm
Cultivating a Following

New garden shed

17820AC8-5A9F-4BF5-A4BA-4AC9D08589F8.jpeg615F8B2C-639C-45C5-A206-9231AEB38CBA.jpeg71A24132-9EFA-4D4B-84AB-5E662ED2B8BE.jpeg56BB3F27-3A6E-4DA3-B628-6C85178B1DED.jpeg03CD0F59-2E36-41A1-8858-E40E8F03D487.jpegFC8A528A-B9AB-4F54-AA35-7CB66DFA9286.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: my garden shed

Looks fantastic @Malcolm. Great job! Many thanks for sharing. 

Please note that I've moved your post to our new Garage and shed board so that community members are more likely to find it. 

What do you plan on using your shed for? Is it mainly for storage or will you get on the tools in there and have a workbench?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Malcolm
Cultivating a Following

The shed holds my gardening tools and the lawn mower and my cement mixer and all my packets of seeds and the glyphosate and fertilisers. Made space in my shed for doing things in.

Was wondering why you have rope tied around your shed
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Raysutton

At a guess i would say to stop it blowing away..?

@Malcolm you might want to read this

How do you prepare for Spring Storms

Malcolm
Cultivating a Following

That photo was taken as soon at the shed was assembled, There was a bit of a wind blowing.

there are 8 L brackets now bolting the shed sides down the wood base, the posts are concreted into the ground.

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

@Malcolm

The shed looks awesome what wood did you use for the floor frame and what size?

MrDruitt
Finding My Feet

Re: New garden shed

@Malcolm 

Looks wonderful Malc. Am I seeing it wrong or did you use 2 footings square wood and 2 rectangular ? Guessing 2 of the legs are 40x40 and rest two 50x20. The legs appears to nailed to the frame - I suggest double up the legs with one more piece of wood to bear the weight.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects