Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need advice - Wet Dry Vacuums VS Dust Extractors

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Need advice - Wet Dry Vacuums VS Dust Extractors

Hey Everyone - hoping I could get some advice on which would be best suited (also cost friendly) for cleaning up and also decreasing the amount of dust accumulating in my garage? 

I always wear safety glasses, a good mask and keep garage door open. I sweep, dust or wipe down areas after I finish(majority of the time) but now that I am doing a lot more woodwork, the build up of dust is a little overwhelming. I even built a mobile saw table with a semi dust collector box to help limit the exposure.

I looked into buying a wet/dry workshop vac but after doing some research I worry that it wouldn’t be sufficient enough but as this is a hobbie I can’t justify spending a large amount on the powerful dust extractors. If there was a happy medium you can suggest I would be very greatful ☺️

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Re: Need advice - Wet Dry Vacuums VS Dust Extractors

Sorry forgot to add we have had a lot of tradies coming to fix up mistakes during the build and so they all work out the garage as well. Hence why we have a bit of everything circulating around.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects