Workshop
Ask a question

Multifunction tool

geejaybee
Growing in Experience

Multifunction tool

Can I get opinions on these oscillating multi tools as to whether they are good or bad, and which brands to lookat or avoid. Thanks.

3ac6fd88-cf78-447a-9a63-940ca54d3f96.jpg

Janina_G
Having an Impact

Re: Multifunction Tool

Seeing I am a real newbie to all these new fandangled high falutin thingamebobs.

Some one bought me - probably not a real mutifunction tool - but a renovator and it was so scary  I bought the Ozito,  and played around with that,  true the blades didnt last long,  but for the fiddly bits it gave me confidence to use the bigger with more weird blades.  Had loads of fun and was great for fiddly little bits and pieces.

Needless to say they have gone for a walk and dissappeared,  so it looks like I will be looking out for a new set  or just let the 'builder' do all the major bits and I will do the dirty side kick work :smile:

Wishing you well

Janina

geejaybee
Growing in Experience

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I bought an Ozito 300watt with a tool less mechanism with blades for $49 from Bunnings. I also bought a better grout removal blade (which is also a lot bigger). Is working really well!

Great, thanks for letting us know @geejaybee. Glad to see you got plenty of prompt assistance from community members.

I've moved this post to the Interiors board and changed the label to Tools and Equipment so that other Workshop members in future will be able to more easily find the advice.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
John1
Having an Impact

I am another with the Ryobi One Multitool and I brought it as I ask my children for Bunnings gift cards and I brought this as well as 2 other tools at the time using them. What a buy and what a great tool I didn't think I would use it as much as I do and the AEG range that fits my multitool is something to think about. But! I think I will stay with the Ryobi One range.
Make sure you buy good quality accessories as I found out the hard way. Still the tool itself is great.
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Bosch green for me, cutting old 20nb water pipe has been tough on blades and another tool would do a better job ( thinking twin blade saw ) It did make easy work of some pallets I was dumping and some plastic grate for fixing the storm water drains.
John1
Having an Impact

I use my Ryobi Multi Tool cordless more than I ever thought possible. Brought it as I had gift vouchers to buy a right angle Ryobi Drill at Christmas and had enough to buy a blower and torch, just made an on the spot decision to buy the Multi Tool. I use it more than my original wish gift of the drill. 

I really made a bad mistake and used the cutting blade that came with it on a metal bolt wore the teeth out in seconds. My fault but I think in future I will use someone else's blades. And yes I went into Bunnings never thinking about the different sizes in sanding pads and now have to cut the ones I brought down to size as I had opened the packet and if I got the proper sanding pads I would have ended up with twice as many for the same price.

Nice easy to manage light weight and makes difficult corners a breeze.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@John1

quote John1:

"I really made a bad mistake and used the cutting blade that came with it on a metal bolt wore the teeth out in seconds. My fault but I think in future I will use someone else's blades."

No sympathy from me mate, everyone knows that the supplied blades are for display purposes only. Besides, you could've saved money if you'd borrowed someone else's multifunction tool, insisted on it being supplied with a diamond blade, & kept it. ; )

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects