Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Making use of garage spaces

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Making use of garage spaces

Hello Community, this is by no means a new idea, but one I wanted to share as we recently built a new Garage. 6m X 6m was our floor size and we imagined we had plenty of space.

🤣🤣 Wrong. 

Once we drove the cars in we had no real room for storage.

So we designed a mezzanine floor that sat over the bonnets of our cars about 7 feet off the ground.

That allowed a huge amount of storage space on top. Then we put in a narrow bench but practical. And a MDF wall at the back for some of the tools.

All of this was done with recycled materials or materials we sourced from our local Bunnings.

Problem solved. In fact it's awesome and very organised.

Still more work to do but alot of fun.

Warm regards to the Community and keep making, making is fun

😁 Rob

IMG_20190627_190445.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Making use of garage spaces

Great work @gippslandhome, it looks like you added loads of storage space. Many thanks for sharing.

Perhaps you could give some tips to Workshop members who might like to build something similiar? And what materials did you use?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Jason, I certainly will. Forgot to mention that important feature being to excited about my first post 🤣🤣

Sambro
Growing in Experience

Good idea with the amount of lighting you have used there. Nothing worse then not being able to see what you are doing/looking for.
what did you use there?

G'day Sambro.

Thank you for your nice comments. It's a great use of a small space.

The lights are as pictured and are from Bunnings. All they are, are an led light with a switch. Battery powered. It's a great option until I hook power up.

All the best 

Kind regards Rob 👍

IMG_20190714_115327.jpg

IMG_20190714_115316.jpg

Those are great little lights, we sell bucket loads of them :smile:
nice use of space,

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects