Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mack truck (wooden model)

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Mack truck (wooden model)

Mack Truck 1.jpg

My first project at the XMRC Shed - a Semi Trailer Mack Truck Model.
I bought the Plans for this model quite some time ago but never seemed to be able to allocate time to make it at home, so it was ideal as my first project at the community Shed.
It has been quite a test of patience and skill and whilst there are stores where you can buy ready made wheels and axles and other components, I chose to build everything from scratch.
I did have a number of progress pictures leading up to this point but am still trying to recover those from a Hard Drive crash.
There is a lot of detailed work which can't be seen with the chassis and undercarriage for both the truck and the trailer.
It has been both frustrating and satisfying thus far and is a world away from my usual woodworking tasks.

Wood Working with Wayne
Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Mack Truck (Wooden Model)

Very impressive, you've done well :smile:
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Nice work.

You can get wheel cutters.

Wheel cutters

johnb
Finding My Feet

Hi Wayne

Where can i purchase the plans for the mack truck

Regards  John, New Member

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @johnb. Many thanks for joining us and for joining in the discussion. I'm sure @Wayne will be happy to help you, and that you will get plenty of other great advice and inspiration from community members across the site.

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from Workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Hi John
http://www.aschisworkshop.com/trucks.htm

http://toysandjoys.com/

Although my plans came from Roger Jenkins, Port Vincent, South Australia you can search him on facebook.

Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for assisting @Wayne.

Let us know how you go with the build once you get the plans @johnb. Do you have a lot of woodworking experience? Feel free to share any previous projects you might have tackled.

Jason

johnb
Finding My Feet

Hi Every one

I am no true wood worker. I took up the scrollsaw a few years ago and do a fair bit of Intarsia work and fret wook i find at my age it is the only thing that i have patience with and i feel very relaxed when i am at the saw. I will post some pictures of some of my work a little later.

Regars John

kel
Making a Splash

Re: Mack truck (wooden model)

great work @Wayne
it is amazing how many hours goes into the build of the truck,and it is so rewarding when it is finally finished.for the past few months i have also been making wooden toys and models,i am currently working on 6 firetrucks and a road train which all need to be completed for people before xmas.i am mostly using mdf because the orders requested to be painted.so undercoating and 2-3 coats of paint and sanding of each component becomes very time consuming,but also very relaxing.
keep up the great work wayne
cheers kel

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mack truck (wooden model)

Many thanks for sharing some photos of the toys @kel. They are really beautiful. Well done!

Just letting you know that I moved your post to here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/Christmas-toys-wooden-firetrucks-and-a-pirate-ship...

I wanted to make sure your fantastic work was easily found by other members. 

@Wayne, are you making any toys this year?

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects