Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

If you could have any tool (DIY) what would it be and why

John1
Having an Impact

If you could have any tool (DIY) what would it be and why

I have always wanted a sliding drop saw with bench. I have worked for companies which have had them at my disposal so never brought one and now I on forced retirement I won't one but cannot justify the expense. I will however eventually get a Ryobi cordless drop saw but not the same tool.

What would I use it for to make life easier on all my projects it not justifying the price of the tool now its finding the extra cash to get it. No cheapies for me.

John1
Having an Impact

Re: If you could have any tool (DIY) what would it be and why

Hey Barker seen one at Jaycar in Capalaba about a week ago with about 8 figurines they made using a $1200 one. I was highly impressed by the finish especially the hand as it sat with the fingers reaching up. The range of colours is and always has been vast.  Thick and not flimsy as you would imagine.

I have seen them for as low as $500 on eBay but am always wary about buying such a technical devise as transport is always iffy.

How it actually works I need to read up about. I thought you had a photo and it printed it out, but hey nothings that simple. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Brad

You might enjoy this little baby:

http://www.evansclarke.com.au/detail.aspx?id=1027461

You've got 3 days to think about. ; )

I want to learn to weld first before I tackle anything that complicated but I can sure see why it would be a great toy for the metal DIY'ers out there.

@John1 - I found a pretty nifty video that explains the basics of 3D printing. Check it out!

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Good video @Jackson, that makes it much clearer to me. 

Shane
Having an Impact

The video is a good simple introduction.

I'm curious to hear whether Workshop members think one day every home will have a 3D printer, much like every home has a computer and paper printer these days.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects