Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to overcome the problem of procrastination?

WIBS
Just Starting Out

How to overcome the problem of procrastination?

I have a problem with getting started...  I know I need to do a job, and I know how to do it, I know what I need, but somehow...

I'll find a hundred things that I need to do first, like: make a cup of tea, tidy the kitchen sink, pull a few weeds, take out the trash, solve the West Australian 9-letter word puzzle, check eMail and Facebook (they're the biggies!), and generally fart around until I don't have enough time left to do the job I wanted to do.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to overcome the problem of procrastination?

Here's hoping the Workshop community can be the solution to your problem @WIBS. I'm very confident that you will find plenty of inspiration and fantastic ideas here. The community has already shared hundreds of projects and new ones are being added every day.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's lovely to have you join us. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@WIBS, procrastination is a long & silly word, I prefer to break it down to 3 simple words, good time management. :grin:

And while I congratulate on your efforts, you my friend will always come 2nd to me, I'm the undisputed, long standing champion of putting things off.

Augh, these young whipper snippers that think they can knock me off of my throne, they have much to learn. :smug: :wink:

I extend a very warm welcome to you, into the wonderful Workshop community.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason, how good are them Doggies mate? :grin:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

I've had a skinful, & already pigged out on mysteries, wrapped in bread.

Go you HOT DOGGIES. :bigsmile:

Oooops, wrong thread. :embarassed:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects