Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill holes in concrete blocks

tmoyn
Growing in Experience

How to fill holes in concrete blocks

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.  I love this site and look forward to learning from other people.

My garage is made from cinder block /concrete blocks and over the years has had a lot of holes drilled in its walls.  I am not too concerned about the colour of the filler, I just want to fill in the holes.

IMG_20190923_145101-01.jpeg

IMG_20190923_145117-01.jpeg

IMG_20190923_145143-01.jpeg

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Terry

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fill holes in concrete blocks

I suggest this product. A comperhensive filler and is rated for indoor and outdoor use. Ready to go no mixing required. 

Screenshot_20190923-222748_Chrome.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @tmoyn - simple and good value solution https://www.bunnings.com.au/gripset-betta-1l-concrete-crack-filler_p0960222

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya Terry (@tmoyn

Fantastic to see two suggestions already to your first post. Let us know how you go with the project. 

We're really pleased to have you join in the discussion and make your first post. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing lots more soon. Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tmoyn
Growing in Experience

Thanks Pete.

Someone else suggested this.....

https://www.bunnings.com.au/timbermate-500g-concremate-expanding-cement_p1662127

What do you think of this option?

I haven't used it but I'd stick with the one I sent you simply based on it already being in a squeeze bottle. Will make it easier to apply and less clean up.

Hope that helps.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Justo
Finding My Feet

You can use any motar, same as you would for between stones or bricks. You can also use a colouring to make it the same as the wall. 

june8875
Getting Established

image.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects