Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can we improve your Workshop?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have big plans for Workshop’s future.

In the spirit of D.I.Y. we will be constantly tinkering - adding new functionality, making the site easier to use, and adding new content.

For example, we know the system for uploading images is currently a little clunky. We’re working on a quick and easy drag-and-drop solution that we hope to add soon. Stay tuned.  

More importantly, we want to hear your ideas for Workshop. We would love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve your Workshop and make it even more useful to you.

Please reply to the thread below or feel free to contact us if you’re a little shy and would like to chat privately.

Many thanks for your input.

Jason

Community Manager

WoodWorking.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How can we improve your Workshop?

Hi all,

Due to popular demand, we have added support for emoticons to Workshop. 

You can add an emoticon to a post by clicking the smiling face above the text editor. There's 30 to choose from - so there should be something to suit every mood!

Enjoy. :bigsmile:

Jason

Mick0s
Having an Impact

Here's a quick (though possibly not so easy) one.
When adding an @Jason tag to a post for alerting the user, is it possible to show a dynamic list for users whose name might not be straight forward (like that @Mick0s jerk putting a zero in his, the nerve!) :cheeky:
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aren't you getting a pop-up list of options @Mick0s?

If you type the @ symbol, you should immediately be presented with names of people who have already participated in the discussion. Like this:

mention1.png

If you're after someone else, you can start typing and after you have typed 3 letters you will be presented with options based on what you have typed so far. Like this: 

mention2.png

As you keep typing the list should narrow down.

Hope that helps!

Jason 

Mick0s
Having an Impact

Ah, I see whats going on.

It doesn't show up on "quick reply" form.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, that's correct @Mick0s. Quick reply is text-only. You are not able to @ mention anyone, add images, emojis or video, or do any text formatting. You need to be using the full text editor. 

Jason

Very simply ... COME ON OVER - you can tell me. hehehehehe
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Observant types might have noticed that we've unveiled a few changes to the site today. The changes are designed to help make it easier for new users to understand what Workshop is, how to get started, and provide everyone with easier access to other helpful discussions and inspiring photos. 

The changes are very much an interim step as the team works on a fully responsive version of the site, which we understand has been a long time coming. Many thanks for your patience - we are aiming to radically improve the mobile experience for users by the end of next month. 

As always, feel free to let me know if you ever have any feedback about how we can make Workshop more useful for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey @Jason loving the ongoing evolution of Workshop.
Makes much more sense to do things in a progessive & well thought out way than rushing in with a heap of changes that all crash-&-burn & upset everyone :crazy:
One thing... don't know if this is Firefox-specific or not but I find that spellchecker doesn't work on Firefox for Mac.
Apart from that little niggle keep up the awesome work :cool:
Now if I can just find a way to tweak my 'settings' so I have more time to spend on Workshop :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the feedback @Adam_W.

We'll do some testing of the spellcheck feature for you. It works on Firefox running Windows 10 for me. But it is something that we have pondered ditching altogether in the past as most browsers now have built-in spellchecking abilities. I would be happy to hear from the community on this topic. Would you prefer to use your browser's spellcheck functionality or do you prefer our custom solution here on Workshop?

Thanks again,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects