Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hanging bikes in garage

mattylara027
Cultivating a Following

Hanging bikes in garage

20190616_041358584_iOS.jpg

Hi Community,

I was looking at hanging my bikes off the wall, to give me a bit more space on the ground. 

I found these hooks at bunnings which seem pretty cool - https://www.pinnacle.net.au/product/vertical-bike-hanger/ 

I'm going to be drilling into the bricks in my garage see picture;

Garage Brick WallGarage Brick Wall

What screws would people recommend using to secure the hook onto the wall? I'm going to be doing a few of these hooks onto the wall, so want to get it right first time :smile:

Thanks in Advance Workshop!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hanging bikes in garage

Hi @mattylara027,

Here's some more Bunnings advice for you - How to hang a bicycle

Please let us know if it doesn't cover what you need. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
L8RALIG8R
Getting Established

Hi after trying to secure my cafe blinds down to the floor with anchors several times due to the wind tunnel we live in I've managed to find a very helpful product.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/timbermate-500g-concremate-expanding-cement_p1662127
This well add extra peace of mind to know that the weight of the bikes will not rip the anchor from the wall. I also found this:
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ramset-6-x-34mm-flat-head-dynabolt-plus-bolt_p2262098
This dynabolt has a countersunk head for a flush finish. Just make sure you get the right size for the hole of the bike hook and also don't use one that's too long. Anything above 48mm long is too long. Drill your hole with a masonry drill bit and clean the hole out of dust etc. You'll only need a tiny bit of concremate which you mix yourself. All you have to do is add water to the fine powder like substance until you achieve your desired consistency and then fill your holes and screw in your dynabolt asap as this stuff sets very quickly. It works so well that I managed to pull off and break my stirrup from my paver, however, the bolt has managed to stay put and is not going anywhere!!! Good luck.

Great advice @L8RALIG8R, many thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge with the Workshop community. You obviously have a lot of knowledge to share. We are looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon, whether it's sharing your own projects and plans, or assisting others like you have done here. 

Thanks again,

Jason

mattylara027
Cultivating a Following

Thanks to everyone for their help! I've successfully got the bike up on the wall and it looks awesome20190616_041358584_iOS.jpg20190616_041403298_iOS.jpg20190616_041354608_iOS.jpg

Nice work @mattylara027, many thanks for sharing the results. 

Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next around the house and garden. 

Jason

tmoyn
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the recommendation Matty. I have just added 6 of these hooks to our garage to hand all of our bikes. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects