Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage to pool cabana conversion

2Belindas
Making a Splash

Garage to pool cabana conversion

cabana renovation stages.jpg
Creating a beautiful home on a budget
aly
Making a Splash

Re: Old Garage to Pool Cabana

Looks amazing @2Belindas!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Great work @2Belindas. Love the timber panelling on the walls. I take it no steel was used for the roof? It's a great shape. 

Reminds me a little of our old studio project in that you kept two of the brick walls but opened it right up. 

2Belindas
Making a Splash

Thanks @aly my hubby and son team are awesome when they apply themselves to building and not to watching the footy or surfing!  

And @Kermit we used colourbond in Shale grey for the roof, with underside sheeting panels and Scyon timber look panelling - we designed it to suit our new house, which was a bit Hamptons style.

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Wonderful transformation.

Geoff
Just Starting Out

Thinking about doing the same thing with an old carport with a shed at one end is your pool in the same yard as the cabana?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Geoff

Sounds like a great project. I'm sure @2Belindas will be happy to share their experiences.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. I hope you find the community to be informative, inspirational and plenty of fun.

Thanks for joining us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
2Belindas
Making a Splash

finished backyard.jpg

Hi @Geoff  Yes.  The pool is near-by.  We really did try and produce a home (and backyard) that buyers had to have.  We had 53 groups through our first open for inspection - they were lined up down the street and the house sold really quickly.  Converting that old garage was essential.

Fran
Cultivating a Following

Wow, this is just amazing. Looks fantastic.

CharlieG
Cultivating a Following

That is really nice

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects