Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage Storage Help

Ginjourney
Just Starting Out

Garage Storage Help

Im a bit of a newbie at DIY and home owning. I have a garage that is a bit tight for two cars but has a separate lockable part of about 2 x 3m. I have a fridge in there and I want to put in some shelving and maybe some wall racks in the main part of the garage for boards and high shelves that won't interfere with car doors. I don't know where to start. Is there anyone at Bunnings who would help purchase a fit out or advise - I don't want to do it bit by bit and mess it up

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garage Storage Help

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ginjourney. Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to assist.

It's fantastic to have you join us and we'd be happy to offer advice on your fit-out. My suggestion would be for you to have a look at the options offered by Flexi storage solutions, as their system is easy to assemble and highly customisable. The system comprises of mounting wall strips and shelf supports. You can then select your preferred type of shelf, whether that be a wire or custom pine.

They are perfect for high shelves and won't interfere with car doors and can be positioned wherever there is a wall stud or brick to fix the wall strip to.

Once you decide on what type and how many shelves you'd like in each area, you can then take those details into your local store and purchase the fit-out.

Please let me know if you need further details or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Garage Storage Help

@Ginjourney,

Welcome to the Workshop community. 

After you've had a look at some of the solutions available, it might be helpful if you could share a sketch or plan. Members would be more than happy to provide feedback and suggestions. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects