Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Finish for a workbench

Ro
Just Starting Out

Finish for a workbench

Hi all,

Just finished my first DIY project, a new workbench for the garage

Now that the build is completed, would appreciate some advice on the finish to use to make sure it lasts

15938311016732621771727101995647.jpg

I've used pine for the build including the benchtop, and hoping a finish will make it a little more durable

Cheers!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Finish for a workbench

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ro. Many thanks for your question, I'd be glad to assist.

It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see you make your first post. There are hard coatings which offer an amount of protection to things like coffee tables. For workbenches that receive impacts and abrasions, these coatings will offer little to no protection. My advice would be to coat it with furniture oil to assist in preventing stains and nourishing the timber. Any dents or scratches that happen in the process of using the workbench will add character and be a testament to your handyperson prowess.

We look forward to seeing what projects you build with you new workbench and encourage you to let us know any time you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects