Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Epoxy garage floor project

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Easter Project - Epoxy Garage Floor

Hi @drew,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @maknilsin for you so he is alerted to your question. I'm sure other community members might also like to share their thoughts. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. We trust you will receive plenty of inspiration, information and advice from other members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Valued Contributor

maknilsin
Experienced Contributor

@drew I have to agree with @MartyH here. Paving paint would definitely be the way to go. From memory the epoxy paint isn’t recommended for outdoor use as well. 

in2truth
New Contributor

Re: Epoxy garage floor project

Thanks for this post.  When I build my workshop/shed., I’ll do this. 👍🏼😄

Highlighted
Seaton
Junior Contributor

I found a when I did mine that sun from my garage windows cause degassing and bubbles in the area the sun was hitting the concrete.

The fix is to sand them out between coats, Man I can’t believe how hard this stuff goes after just 36 hours as I was there for hours using 40 Grit on my orbital sander and it was barely touching the surface, anyway it was worth it and the sencond coat was fantastic.

I thought I’d share for anyone else. If I did it again I’d cover my windows so there was no direct sun on the concrete and would save me some elbow grease
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Great tip @Seaton. Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure your input will be valued as there are so many people interested in epoxy floors for their garage and/or workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects